House Goldener Pfau

Width at front: c. 2.6 metres
The Goldener Pfau was created in 1664 by subdivision from the neighbouring Pfau.
The occupants of the house were members of the Goldschmidt family. Several took their family name Pfau from the house name, others the name Honig from their occupation of honeycake baker or the name Parneß from their office of "master builder" in the community. In 1694 the house was occupied by two families. The head of one family was a schoolmaster, the other a cantor. In addition there was a Jew from Worms living in the house for three years who was classed as a foreigner. He made a living as a water carrier. Later the occupants included a scribe and a shames, mostly poorer people. The house was destroyed in the fire of 1711 but soon rebuilt. In the period 186170 the city took it over for demolition.